A. Selecting a test
1. Select ‘Mark Test' from from left menu
2. Select appropriate fields to search by using the Test Information drop-downs
3. Click ‘Search'
4. Click on your Test Name in the Test Table. You may need to scroll down to find it.
B. Finding your paper assignment
Once you select a test, the Choose Assignment screen displays. Click on the relevant assignment group to begin marking. Assignments are organized by their type:
• Available Assignments – those ready to be marked.
o Paper tests are available to mark as soon as the Date Available has passed.
• Upcoming Assignments – those not yet ready for marking.
o This is because the Date Available has not passed yet.
If your paper test does not display, you may have forgotten to assign it. See Assign Test.
C: Entering Marks
Click here to see a demo on how to mark a paper test.
1. Click on the student you wish to mark from the Group table (left hand side).
2. Ensure the correct Date Administered displays, to make sure reports display correctly. To change Date Administered for all students at once, enter the correct date into the Date Administered field and click ‘Change All’.
3. Enter student responses to the attitude and test questions in the Response table (right hand side)
Entering responses for attitude questions:
Enter the students’ responses (1, 2, 3 or 4) in Response column. Enter a dash (-) for unanswered questions.
Enter the students’ responses (a, b, c, d or e where applicable) in Response column. Enter a dash (-) for unanswered questions, or where a student has selected more than one answer. Multi-choice questions are automatically marked as correct or incorrect.
Other question types:
Select the Marking Guide link and use the guide to help you assign marks for open-ended questions. Enter 0 for an incorrect response and 1 for a correct response.
For questions worth multiple marks, the drop-down will include extra options.
Enter a dash (-) for unanswered questions.
After you have entered a student’s marks either:
- Click ‘Next Student' to enter the responses for the next student in the table or
- Click the link of the student's name that you wish to mark next.
Complete the table for all students. As you save the completed responses for each student you will notice that the Marked column changes from ‘No' to ‘Yes'. When you have completed your marking for all students click the ‘Finish' button.