A: Finding your test
1. Select ‘Mark Test' from left menu
2. Select appropriate fields to searh by in the Test Information drop-downs
3. Click ‘Search'
4. Click on your Test Name in the Test Table. You may need to scroll down to find it.
B: Finding your Writing assignment
Once you select a test, the Choose Assignment screen displays. Click on the relevant assignment group to begin marking.
Assignments are organized by their type:
• Available Assignments – those ready to be marked.
o Writing tests are available to mark as soon as the Date Available has passed.
• Upcoming Assignments – those not yet ready for marking
o This is because the Date Available has not passed yet.
• Expired Assignments – those no longer available for marking
o This type is not relevant for Writing – Writing assignments never expire.
If your Writing test does not display, you may have forgotten to assign it. See Assign Test.
C: Entering Attitude and Rubric Scores
1. Click on the student you wish to mark from the Group table (left hand side).
2. Ensure the correct Date Administered displays, to make sure reports display correctly.
- To change Date Administered for all students at once, enter the correct date into the Date Administered field and select ‘Change All’.
3. Enter student responses to the attitude questions in the response table (right hand side).
- Enter the students’ responses (1, 2, 3 or 4) in Response column. Enter a dash (-) for unanswered questions.
4. Enter rubric scores for the student in the Response table (right hand side).
- For support in deciding on rubric scores, select the ‘Generic Exemplars’ and ‘Scoring Rubric' links to download the marking rubric, structure and language notes and the exemplars for the prompt.
- For more information on marking Writing and the moderation process, see Writing moderation.
After you have entered a student’s marks either:
• click ‘Next Student' to enter the responses for the next student in the table or
• select the student that you wish to mark next.
When you navigate to another student, the marks you entered for the previous student will be automatically saved.
Complete the table for all students. As you save the completed responses for each student you will notice that the Marked column changes from ‘No’ to ‘Yes’.
Once you have completed the marking for all students, click ‘Finish'.