Console and Console – Comparisons reports look very similar. Both compare your students based on year level and demographics. However, Console-Comparisons allows you to add an extra layer of comparisons.
Console – Comparisons addresses the following questions:
1. “How are students of a specific gender, ethnicity and/or language doing compared to similar students?”
2. “How are my students doing compared to students in similar schools?”
Only the groups you selected are included in the report, and e-asTTle norms refer to only students of your chosen group. For example, selecting female will only include your female students. They will be reported against the female e-asTTle norms.
Schools Like Mine
Your school is assigned one of 20 e-asTTle ‘clusters’, based on its location, decile, type and size. Using the “Schools Like Mine” option will show your students’ performance compared to students in your e-asTTle cluster.
Using x-axis options with Console-Comparisons options
Your choice of the comparisons and x-axis options determines how scores are grouped together.
Year is the default option. This gives separate box-and-whisker plots for each year level. For all other options, you will have to select one year at a time.
Steps for choosing comparisons options:
1. Select either:
a. The demographic of the option you wish to use. You can select one or two.
b. Or select the Schools Like Mine option
2. Click ‘Select X-axis'
3. Select the radio-button for the option you wish to use.
4. If you have selected Year/Gender, Year/Ethnicity, Year/Language Groups or Year/Student Groups, a drop-down box will appear showing the year levels of students who have completed the test. Select one year level. (Note that if you select Year/Student Groups and students belong to less than seven groups, the report will automatically generate with these groups. If students belong to eight or more groups, a separate panel will display. You must select up to seven groups and add these groups to the Selected Groups box.)
5. Click ‘View Report' to view a PDF of the report.