Attitude – General
1. I like reading at school.
2. I am good at reading.
3. My teacher thinks I am good at reading.
4. My Mum and Dad think I am good at reading.
5. I enjoy reading in my own time (not at school).
6. I like going to the library to get something to read.
Engagement – General
1. At school, I feel like I am included in things.
2. I make friends easily at school.
3. School is a place where I feel I belong.
4. I do not feel awkward and out of place at school.
5. Other students seem to like me at school.
6. I do not feel lonely at school.
Motivation – General
1. I try hard to make sure that I am good at my school work.
2. When I am improving in my school work I try even harder.
3. The harder the problem the harder I try.
4. I try hard at school because I am interested in my work.
5. I work hard to try and understand new things at school.
6. I am always trying to do better in my school work.
7. I like being given the chance to do something again to make it better.
8. I try harder when schoolwork is interesting.
Motivation – Reading
1. It is important to me to be a good reader.
2. I visit the library a lot.
3. I like hard, challenging books.
4. I do as much reading school work as possible.
5. If the teacher talks about something interesting, I might read more about it.
6. I like reading something when the words are hard.
Interest – Reading
1. I think reading is exciting and interesting.
2. I never get tired of reading.
3. I like to do lots of reading outside of school.
4. I think reading about things helps me to understand life in general.
5. I think that reading about things helps people make important decisions.
6. Reading is not boring.
Self-Regulation – General
1. During class time I pay attention most of the time.
2. When reading for this subject, I make up questions to help my focus.
3. When I become confused about something I’m reading for this subject. I go back and try to figure it out.
4. I ask myself questions to make sure I understand the material that I’ve been studying in class.
5. When studying for this subject I try and work out which concepts I don’t understand well.
6. If I get confused taking notes in class, I make sure I sort it out afterwards.
Self-Efficacy – Reading
1. I am a good reader.
2. I can read faster now than I could before.
3. When I read, I can figure out words better than I could before.
4. I can recognise more words than I used to.
5. I find reading easier than it used to be.
6. When I read now, I don’t have to try as hard as I used to.
7. I can read better now than I could before.
8. I can understand what I read better than I could before.