Finding Student Logins and Passwords
1. Select ‘Manage Students’ from left menu
2. Click ‘Download Student Logins’ link
3. Use drop-downs to find your Group and select Password Status
4. Click ‘Download CSV’ for a text file with all your student login details. This will show the information in a concise format.
Or, Click ‘Download PDF’ for a print-friendly PDF of student login details on separate ‘tickets’.
These are designed for giving out to students.
Why is my student’s account locked?
A student’s account will be locked if they make six incorrect login attempts. They will not be able to access e-asTTle. To unlock an account you will need to reset the student’s password.
Why is my student’s password expired?
For security reasons, if a password has not been changed from the default by the end of the year (31st December) it will change to ‘expired’. To remedy this you will need to reset the student’s password.
Resetting Student Passwords
1. Click ‘Manage Existing Students’ link
2. Enter student name and/or ID in boxes or use appropriate drop-downs to find your student
3. Click ‘Search’
4. Tick the check-box next to the student(s)
5. Click ‘Reset Password’. If multiple students are selected, a prompt will appear asking you to confirm. If a single student is selected, a message will appear, confirming that the password has been reset.
I have just assigned an onscreen test to my class; most of them have forgotten their passwords or have been locked out. How can I reset the passwords for this assignment?
1. Click ‘Manage Existing Students by Assignment’ link
2. Select the radio-button next to your test and click ‘Manage Students’
3. Click ‘Reset’ next to the student(s) whose passwords you wish to reset
4. Those students can now log on using “password” as their password and then change it when prompted.