Attitude – General
1. I like maths at school.
2. I am good at maths.
3. My teacher thinks I am good at maths.
4. My Mum and Dad think I am good at maths.
5. I enjoy doing maths in my own time (not at school).
6. I enjoy doing things in maths that I haven’t tried before.
Engagement – General
1. At school, I feel like I am included in things.
2. I make friends easily at school.
3. School is a place where I feel I belong.
4. I do not feel awkward and out of place at school.
5. Other students seem to like me at school.
6. I do not feel lonely at school.
Motivation – General
1. I try hard to make sure that I am good at my school work.
2. When I am improving in my school work I try even harder.
3. The harder the problem the harder I try.
4. I try hard at school because I am interested in my work.
5. I work hard to try and understand new things at school.
6. I am always trying to do better in my school work.
7. I like being given the chance to do something again to make it better.
8. I try harder when schoolwork is interesting.
Motivation – Mathematics
1. It is very important to me to be good at maths.
2. I try to get more maths answers right than my friends.
3. I like hard, challenging maths.
4. I do as much school work as possible in maths.
5. I like to help my friends with their maths school work.
6. I like it when the maths examples are hard.
Interest – Mathematics
1. I think maths is exciting and interesting.
2. I never get tired of doing maths.
3. I like to do and think about maths outside of school.
4. I think maths helps me to understand life.
5. I think that maths helps people make important decisions.
6. Maths is not boring.
Self-Regulation – General
1. During class time I pay attention most of the time.
2. When reading for this subject, I make up questions to help my focus.
3. When I become confused about something I’m reading for this subject. I go back and try to figure it out.
4. I ask myself questions to make sure I understand the material that I’ve been studying in class.
5. When studying for this subject I try and work out which concepts I don’t understand well.
6. If I get confused taking notes in class, I make sure I sort it out afterwards.